This text is replaced by the Flash movie.
July 28th - Annual National Day of the Cowboy Celebration
Whoop it up at Tlaquepaque Arts & Crafts Village when we celebrate the National Day of the Cowboy on Saturday, July 28th from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tap your toes to live western music, thrill to deadeye gunslinger reenactments, chow down on some mighty tasty vittles and for young-uns with a mind for fun, a wild west bouncer that will have them jumping for joy.
And let’s not forget Sedona’s cowboy movie legacy. Author Joe McNeill will be signing copies of his Western Writers of America Spur Award nominated book “Arizona’s Little Hollywood: Sedona and Northern Arizona’s Forgotten Film History 1923-1973.” And to support the effort to build a film history museum right here in Sedona we’ll be hosting a “sneak peek” scavenger hunt where you’ll be able to search Tlaquepaque for artifacts that will be on future display in Arizona’s Little Hollywood Museum. There will also be a special effects makeup table, where people can make a donation to the museum and get their faces painted with gunshot wounds or cowboy mustaches. For cowpokes with gumption who hanker for hands-on Wild West action, there will be a mechanical bull to ride (proceeds of which will be donated to the museum). And watch out for zombie cowboys roaming Tlaquepaque! They're creepy characters from the award-winning Zaki Gordon Institute film "Dead West," which will be screened during the festivities.
So come to Tlaquepaque, “the Art and Soul of Sedona,” to honor America’s cowboys and the western arts, culture, music, movies and traditions they made world famous. Yee-haw! It’s a free event, too.
- The "Two Bit Shotgun" Band will be performing from 1 to 4 pm in Patio Del Norte.
- Wild West Bouncer for Kids and the Mechanical Bull in Western Ring from 12 to 4 pm in the Calle Independencia.
- The "Coyote Brothers" will be performing from 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm in Patio De Las Campanas
- The Leather & Lace Gun-slinging show by six gun entertainment times are 1, 2, & 3 pm in Plaza De La Fuente. These will be 25 minute shows each followed by a meet & greet with photo opportunities.
- The Zombie movie will be playing in the Chapel from 12 to 4 pm. (every 30 minutes)
PO Box 1868 · Sedona, AZ 86339 · 928.282.4838 · FAX 928.282.4805